Saturday 29 December 2012

Here's The Whole Deal...

Ok, so Christmas has come and gone. How do I know this? The Christmas cake was finally finished this afternoon. I find it really hard to get back on track after a blip in routine. Well, this blip was more of a gaping month of off and on Paleo eating! Now the time has come to get back on it, and I am jumping in head first with my first Whole30. Terrified.

'What is the Whole30?' I hear you cry! Let me tell you. Basically, it is 100% Paleo for 30 days. No dairy, no legumes, no grains, no sugars, no alcohol, just pure food. It comes from Dallas and Melissa Hartwig's book 'It Starts With Food', and from their website. I have this book and I have read it cover to cover and it is so easy to follow, so obviously healthy! I have wanted to try a Whole30 for a while now but I am terrified. Not because I am scared of the food; i'm good at that! I am terrified of failing. As a perfectionist I know I am going to spend the next 30 days stressing over it. The problems I see myself having are with the social side of it. Diet coke can't be drunk as it contains the evil aspartame (artificial sweetener), so at the pub I will be limited to sparkling water! Also, my beloved latte's are out the window. I am actually going to try black coffee uh oh. I may add some coconut milk in and see how that works. Gross I bet!

I am starting the Whole30 on 30th December. I don't want to start on the 1st January because that is pressure in itself! Also, my best friend and I have promised each other a massage and spa day on the 28th January and it would be great to have completed it before then!

It will take a lot of will power but I am going to give it my best shot. I need to remember that I am doing it for myself; that I am in control of my own body. I can be easily swayed at times, especially at that fatal 9pm time slot where it is so easy to reach for the chocolate! But you really do get out of your body what you put in it. Wish me luck!

What are your New Years resolutions?

What is the one habit you want to break/want to incorporate this year?

2 comments:

  1. Try sparkling water with olives and lime slice - it sounds gross but it's really good!! I got this tip from theclothesmakethegirl.com and used it for my office christmas party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Therese! I will definitely try that next time I am out with my friends!

      Delete