Thursday 11 July 2013

Here's to a Long Summer!

Wow. Two months I have neglected this blog. That went insanely quickly! I promise that I had good reasons for being gone so long; exams, moving, Wimbledon, sleeping, graduating...
I am now no longer a student. Boo. I refuse to pay adult prices anywhere and managed to get away with child bus fair's until I was about 19 years old, so the coming months are going to be a shock to the system, and the bank balance (not that that hasn't taken a regular beating on the coffee side).

Summer is here, and yes I have proof; sunburn. Luckily nothing too horrifying, but colour is definitely there! The forecast for the next week looks positively barmy and since my graduation ceremony is next Monday I think I am going to need to take a spare change of clothes as I know I am going to sweat through the gown!

Food wise, the past few months have been very hit and miss. I would say I was more Paleo 60/40 than my aimed 80/20 but that's okay as I am back on track now! And to kick start my summer of post-graduation, unemployed bum phase, I reveal to you a new Paleo recipe that I have been trying:) 

Summer 'Rice' Salad

This would make a great side dish at a BBQ to pile on your plate next to some good ol' burgers and sausages. God I love BBQ so much.

  • 1/4 head of a small cauliflower
  • 1/2 orange/red pepper
  • Handful of cherry tomatoes quartered
  • 4-5 small pickles/gherkins
  • 1-2 tsp lime juice
  • 1-2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
'Rice' the cauliflower by putting florets into a blender and pulsing until it resembles rice. Microwave for about a minute on high. Chop the salad veggies into small pieces then add to the 'rice'. Stir in the oil and lime juice, adding more or less depending on how you would like it to taste! BAM.
You could add any more extra salad veggies as you want. I used peppers, pickles and tomatoes just because that is what was in the fridge! Carrots would work really well because of the crunch.



Now if you shall excuse me, I am off to have my nails done for graduation on Monday! Trying to get in the habit of celebrating that doesn't involve food!

Do you have any summer Paleo recipes?
What is your favourite way of celebrating success?

No comments:

Post a Comment